Monday, March 3, 2008

If You Wondered Whether I Need This Retreat...

My friend Boom Martinez, a Jesuit of the California Province, has been in tertianship in Weston, Massachusetts and Jordan this last seven months. He just finished a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, and I wanted to post a couple photographs. They're just amazing.

The Sea of Galilee.




A shot of the Garden of Gethsemane. Those olive trees are 2000 years old.



Mt. Sinai.


Sign outside the Shepherd's Field in Bethlehem.

Is it me, or is the whole sign thing a little over the top? I feel like it should be surrounded by cast members from the musical "Hair". (Ha!)


And this is... (Wait a second, that's not the Holy Land. Those are my nieces.)


And this is Jack and Demi. (Who?) They're my favorite couple from So You Think You Can Dance Australia. (What?)

This is Boom and Michael Gilson last summer in Florence. (Last summer? What's going on here?)




This is sunset over the Dead Sea. (...That's better. )



This is a shot of some of the pools at Bethesda, from above. (They are mentioned in today's readings, in fact. Great shot.)



This is Boom and his tour group living out the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. (That's funny. It really does look like the end scenes of Indy.)



Seriously: It's the Last Crusade. (Wow, you're right!)





I'm not kidding. (Yeah, we got it.)




Here Harrison Ford and Sean Connery are standing right outside the same location.(Dude, enough.)


They just need the Holy Grail:

(...uh, that's not the Holy Grail.)




Is too.






(Is not. That's the idol from the start of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Now, get back to the photos.)


















I couldn't find a Grail photo.

























I looked really hard. (The photos.)























This is Jack and Demi's second routine. It's really good. (For God's sake, show them the PHOTOS.)































(Hello?)


































(Do I have to come back there?)





















This is...(Ok, we're done.)




I seem to be having some sort of issue with my system.

I guess I'll have to call it quits for the night before things get out of hand. Thanks, Boom, for sharing your pictures. They're really amazing.

(What is with the Demi and Jack stuff?)


(That is Boom, but it's not the Holy Land.)














Here's where you can get a preview of the next episode of Lost. I think it's a Juliet episode! (No one's reading any more.)





But...
(You blew it.)







This is the advertisement for the new Indiana Jones film!
I heard the Ark of the Covenant is going to be in it! (You drove them all away. They've all gone home. )














Bring back Belloq!
(You are really scary.)







LONG RETREAT COUNTDOWN: 8 DAYS.








































Found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment