Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Thanksgiving Post

Kent and I went to Fayetteville for Thanksgiving. We alternate holidays with one family each year so that we can spend a good amount of quality time with that one family instead of rushing to drive all around Arkansas. It makes the holidays relaxing instead of a stressful fuzzy memory.

My Dad and Spencer went on a Turkey Trot (12 miles) without me.
While I stayed at the house and baked sweet potato cassarole, chocolate pecan chess pie and did one of the THREE turkeys! I brined my turkey for the first time in a bourbon-apple juice mixture and it was crazy moist. I will do this again next year for sure.
 Clean up after dinner crew:
My parents cat scratched Captain Jack in the eyeball so he spent most of our trip with only one good eye. Kent felt REALLY sorry for him and kept sneaking him turkey.
After our big dinner we ventured outside to take some family pictures. Here is the whole crew!
Me, Drewa, KK & Mom
I LOVE this picture of my parents!
Me and my momma!

We had a wonderful time in Fayetteville and are especially "thankful" for our wonderful families!

No comments:

Post a Comment