Thursday, December 23, 2010

Season's Favorites!

With the Season sadly coming to an end I wanted to share some of my favorite things about this oh so special time of year!  

Of course my ultimate favorite thing during this time of year is FAMILY!  This is the one guaranteed time of year that no matter what my ENTIRE family comes together and as crazy as it may get it is truly the best part of the season!

But I did want to share a few other favorites I have..

A new favorite that I actually found myself this year was.. 
Hot Cocoa with Marsh-mellows and a Candy cane!



Another favorite, although I do also slightly dread it, is truly having a White Christmas, now that I live in the "north" I don;t get as excited because its not as much as a rarity as it was when I was living in Florida and would only see the snow at Christmas, but their is a REAL since of the holidays when your surroundings are covered in the white stuff!




Christmas PJ's, although its no longer a tradition to have the matching ones, I do LOVE this tradition of staying in them as long as possible!!  

Absolutely LOVE this photo circa 1960s!



Candle Light Christmas Eve service!  I feel very blessed to have grown up going to a candle light service every Christmas eve, it is one of the most breath-taking serene moments of the year.  When the church goes completely dark with the only source of light coming from each individual candle!



Literally starting the day after Thanksgiving, I will ONLY play Christmas music 24-7!  I adore any and all Christmas tunes and each song has so many memories!




And finally is the Christmas dinner, when the entire family sits down together and shares all their many blessings with one another!  Being together plus the amazing food, I think its the best present one can really get!




I do wish each and EVERY one of you a VERY merry Christmas!  I will be taking a few days off from now until after Christmas! But I wish you all the many presents, blessings and love to you and your families!  Be safe and very MERRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment