Monday, October 3, 2011

To Border or Not To Border?


I'm debating on whether or not to add borders to the Cowabunga Florabunda quilt top.  

Currently the top measures 105.5" x 105.5" and is shown on my queen bed, hanging below the bottom of the box spring on both sides.


Based on a king bed measuring 76" x 80", I estimate a 14.5-15" drop on the sides... which should be enough to cover the king mattress.  Length is not an issue... there is enough to cover the mattress at the foot of the bed and still have enough to cover the pillows with a "tuck under"...

I'm leaning towards "no border" because I like the pattern going all the way to the edge.... and if I do add a border, I will add two... one narrow yellow on the inside and then a 3-4" floral border.   I plan to bind the quilt with the floral print.



Please note this quilt is intended to be coverlet size, not a bedspread (or "to the floor").  I want it to cover the mattress on the sides...  and the kids don't have one of those uber-deep/thick/high mattresses.

What say ye?




No comments:

Post a Comment