Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

It's a true symbol of the season, no matter where your from or what your background is, one of the most symbolic items of the Christmas season is the tree!  Whether its real or fake, big or little, pine or palm for those all across the globe without the tree it is not Christmas!

This year after many of years of only fake trees, I got my first ever "REAL" Christmas tree!  I was slightly suspicious and to be honest kinda scared of the responsibility of the tree but between the experience of actually going to pick it out to putting it up in the stand to the amazing smell that fills the air, I am truly a believer in the real trees!

Here are a few of some very familiar and may I say famous trees around our country!


Of course I have to show off our very beautiful Christmas tree, the National Christmas tree that is just a few steps away from me!  It actually will not be lit until Dec. 9th but I am looking forward to enjoying it throughout the season!



What a sight, the oh so famous Rockefeller Christmas tree, I actually sadly have never seen this in real life, but am ecstatic to see it this year when I return to the city right after the 25th! 



The Whitehouse Christmas tree is another staple part of our country's history, the trees are perfected every year by their current administration, I absolutely LOVE this photo with JFK and Jackie O, what a classic!



And of course nothing beats your every own tree, this is not a picture of my actual tree but it does remind me of our "traditional" tree (we have numerous themes) we put up at home every year!  I adore the precious angel atop, I grew up with angels on all of our trees and remember the importance of whom got to place the angel on the top!

Happy Holidays to you all! I do hope you either already have your tree up or getting one this weekend!  I'm looking forward to a holiday filled weekend!! Enjoy the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment