Monday, December 6, 2010

Decorating an apartment for the Holidays!

So this being only my 2nd year truly own my own, and my first year where I actually had the room for decorating I decided to go all out for the Holidays!  But just like any sort of decorating, a house compared to an apartment is a very different thing..and one can easily go over the top if they try to decorate TOO much!  Here are a few ideas that you may want to try for your own pad!

1. Get one small-ish tree (I would personally stay away from any tree larger than 6 or 7 ft- depending on your ceilings) , as I said in my previous post Friday it is not Christmas without a tree!
2. For the tree decorating keep the decorating simple, try to just pick a few colors and stick with a simple theme something that will make it look modern and yet not too much




3.  if you have a balcony or outside portion I highly recommend putting a few lights outside, I think its a great and easy way to show off your holiday spirit to everyone passing by 

4.  Holiday pillows (or just simple red and/or gold) pillows can definitely dress up your usual couch appearance

5.  Table decorations, I love the large glass bowls where you can either throw in colorful ornaments, sparkly stars or even just some pretty tinsel. 




6. Poinsettias, I absolutely love this flower and love that its only really this time of year when we really get to enjoy them!  


7. Candy Canes, although I am definitely a fan of eating them I also love to use them for decorating, it can be as easy as just putting them in some sort of container and wrapping a bow around it


 8. And although its probably not so much to do with decorating, but a new favorite Christmas idea I have this year is wrapping all of the presents in old style brown paper!  I love the look of them with a pretty ribbon and bow! I love how in this picture below they included bells with the packages too!



I hope I could inspire some of you, to give in and decorate for this most delightful season!  And you maybe were able to get some new fun ideas to incorporate in your own decorating!  

Whether its just in your small one-room apartment or you monster of a house, Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment