Monday, September 13, 2010

Race Recap

I finished in 2:02 hours. The only good thing about this time is that it is 3 minutes faster than last year.

I started off really strong running the first 5 miles in 43:36 which is an 8:30 pace. At mile 9 I hit some sort of mental block and started walking for 30 seconds at every half mile. My time at mile 10 was 1:31 which is an 9.10 pace. At this point I had almost 30 minutes to run 3 miles. Sounds easy, right? Unfortunately I kept stopping to walk at every half mile: 10.5, 11, 11.5, and 12. Therefore my average pace for the race ended up being 9.24 minutes.

I want to say that I knew better than to run my first 5 miles at an 8:30 pace, but I obviously do not know better... Or I would have kept my pace at a cool 8:50 and finished well under 2 hours.


Oh well. Here are the pictures!

The race technical tee was long sleeved and very green, but also very cool.


My brother helping my Dad stretch.


Allllll 20,000 people lined up:





We ran by sailboats.


And Lake Michigan.


About mile 7 you start to see the runners that are looping around on their mile 11 and 12. It's quite impressive to see them booking it!


This is me at mile 9 when I started falling apart.


And then when I was done running! Praise the Lord.







No comments:

Post a Comment